We are very excited to share a brand new infographic and market analysis with you. Influencer marketing is continuously developing into the most crucial advertising channel in the games industry. And this is largely due to the rising impact of video influencers. Influencer marketing platform nevaly, which was founded by ad2games and HitFox Group in 2015, partnered with market researchers Newzoo for this analysis.
- Over 470 million gamers watch online gaming content on a regular basis. That accounts for 56% of all gamers across North and Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Audience size is expected to grow past the 500 million mark within 2016.
- Online video is more than twice as effective to reach big spenders as TV. 35% use YouTube to discover new games, whereas only 14% discover new titles via TV commercials.
- The average viewer of gaming content on YouTube is male, 28 years old and has a high income.
- YouTube still dominates around the globe. Twitch is strongest in Brazil and English speaking countries.
You can download a full-size pdf of the infographic here: http://bit.ly/nevaly-newzoo
Hans Christian Dürr, Co-Founder and Managing Director of nevaly, comments: “Community created content and influencer marketing have been making a big buzz in recent years but it’s still a relatively young medium. In collaboration with the market research specialists from Newzoo, we were able to provide key insights that illustrate both the scope of online video and its value as a marketing channel.”
Newzoo CEO Peter Warman adds: ”Online video is the biggest thing to hit the games market since the launch of the iPhone in 2007. Games are evolving towards cross-screen transmedia franchises right now. A direct consequence is the increased focus on communities of both gamers and viewers. This is creating enormous new growth and marketing opportunities for game companies and will accelerate the disruption of traditional media.”